Ford Mustang memorabilia is prized among car enthusiasts with an affinity for these sleek American sports cars. Many Americans fell in love with Ford Mustangs when they were first introduced in 1964, and the cars are still revered by car enthusiasts today.
Mustang Club of America
The non-profit Mustang Club of America (MCA) is dedicated to the care, history, enjoyment, and preservation of Ford Mustangs. Formed in 1977, the organization has more than 170 chapters, primarily located in the United States and Canada. Most members own Ford Mustangs. Some own newer vehicles and others have vintage models.
MCA has published Mustang Times magazine since its inception. Mustang enthusiasts can view the publication's articles and advertisements online, with the exception of the current year's issues.
Mustang Club Books is MCA's official online bookstore. The store carries extensive selections of books about Mustangs, as well as a number of volumes about racing, motorcycles, general nostalgia, and more.
Local MCA chapters hold car show, rally, and swap meet events on a regular basis. These occasions offer excellent opportunities for Mustang enthusiasts to view beautifully restored machines and locate hard-to-find memorabilia.
Where to Buy Ford Mustang Memorabilia
There are many online resources for locating Ford Mustang memorabilia. Whether you are interested in pictures, models, accessories, signs, or even an actual vintage or new Mustang, you are likely to be impressed by the availability of high quality and interesting collectibles.
- American Dream Cars features collector Mustangs from all model years for sale.
- Art.com offers framed and unframed photographs, posters, and fine art prints depicting the beauty of Ford Mustangs throughout history.
- Auto Truck Toys carries interior and exterior accessories and parts for newer model Mustangs along with a selection of collectibles.
- Auto Trader Classic is a resource for locating collectible cars (including Mustangs), parts, and accessories.
- Gearhead City carries Ford racing posters featuring Mustangs, Cobras, and other vehicles.
- The Mustang Heaven online store carries Mustang magazines, books, and home accessories.
- Uncle Henry's Classic Auto Parts and Memorabilia carries signs, books, and vintage Mustang owner's manuals.
- On any given day, you can find unique collectibles and even fully restored Mustangs for sale on eBay.
Mustangs in Museums
Vintage Mustang enthusiasts might enjoy visiting one or more of the museums that house particularly fine examples of restoration work.
- The Antique Auto Club of America Museum (Hershey, PA) holds an impressive collection of vintage automobiles in its permanent collection, including a 1965 Mustang.
- The Henry Ford Museum (Detroit, MI) is home to the very first Mustang ever produced.
- The Peterson Automotive Museum (Los Angels, CA) is home to an impressive collection of muscle cars and other vintage automobiles.
- The Telstar Museum (Mitchell, South Dakota) features an extensive collection of fully restored Mustang, Shelby, and Cobra vehicles.
Mustang enthusiasts can learn a great deal about the cars they love and get ideas for expanding their memorabilia collections by reading books and magazines dedicated to these automobiles.
- Ford Mustang by Mike Mueller
- Mustang 1964-1/2-1973 by Mike Mueller
- Mustang: Four Decades of Muscle Car Power by Lou Dzierzak
- Mustang Restoration Handbook by Don Taylor
- Ultimate Mustang by DK Publishing
Other Resources for Ford Mustang Memorabilia Collectors
Building Your Collection
If the Ford Mustang has captured your heart, you have probably visited more than your share of car shows, and you may even have a restoration project in progress in your garage. Whether your Mustang hobby involves collecting memorabilia for display in your home or if you prefer the type of memorabilia that you can drive, you are in good company. Enjoy the journey as you search for the perfect items to complete your collection.